Interested in pursuing a career in Cybersecurity? We listed 50 cybersecurity jobs and their description.
1. Application Security Administrator – Keep software/apps safe and secure.
2. Artificial Intelligence Security Specialist – Uses artificial intelligence to combat cybercrime.
3. Automotive Security Engineer – Protect cars from cyber intrusions.
4. Blockchain Developer / Engineer – Code the future of secure transactions.
5. Blue Team Member – Design defensive measures / harden operating systems.
6. Bug Bounty Hunter – Freelance hackers find defects and exploits in code.
7. Cybersecurity Scrum Master – Watches and protects all data.
8. Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) – The top role of cybersecurity.
9. Chief Security Officer (CSO) – Head up all physical/info/cyber security.
10. Cloud Security Architect – Secure apps and data in the cloud.
11. Counterespionage analyst – Thwart cyber spies from hostile nation states.
12. Cryptanalyst – Decipher coded messages without a cryptographic key.
13. Cryptographer – Develop systems to encrypt sensitive information.
14. Cyber Insurance Policy Specialist – Consult on cyber risk and liability protection.
15. Cyber Intelligence Specialist – Analyze cyber threats and defend against them.
16. Cyber Operations Specialist – Conduct offensive cyberspace operations.
17. Cybercrime Investigator – Solve crimes conducted in cyberspace.
18. Cybersecurity Hardware Engineer – Develop security for computer hardware.
19. Cybersecurity Lawyer – Attorney focused on info/cyber security and cybercrime.
20. Cybersecurity Software Developer / Engineer – Bake security into applications.
21. Data Privacy Officer – Ensure legal compliance related to data protection.
22. Data Recovery Specialist – Recover hacked data from digital devices.
23. Data Security Analyst – Protect information on computers and networks.
24. Digital Forensics Analyst – Examine data containing evidence of cybercrimes.
25. Disaster Recovery Specialist – Plan for and respond to data and system catastrophes.
26. Ethical / White Hat Hacker – Perform lawful security testing and evaluation.
27. Governance Compliance & Risk (GRC) Manager – Oversee risk management.
28. IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) Security Specialist – Protect industrial control systems.
29. Incident Responder – First response to cyber intrusions and data breaches.
30. Information Assurance Analyst – Identify risks to information systems.
31. Information Security Analyst – Plan and carry out infosecurity measures.
32. Information Security Manager / Director – Oversee an IT security team(s).
33. Intrusion Detection Analyst – Use security tools to find targeted attacks.
34. IoT (Internet of Things) Security Specialist – Protect network connected devices.
35. IT Security Architect – Implement network and computer security.
36. Malware Analyst – Detect and remediate malicious software.
37. Mobile Security Engineer – Implement security for mobile phones and devices.
38. Network Security Administrator – Secure networks from internal and external threats.
39. Penetration Tester (Pen-Tester) – Perform authorized and simulated cyberattacks.
40. PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Analyst – Manage secure transfer of digital information.
41. Red Team Member – Participate in real-world cyberattack simulations.
42. SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition) Security Analyst – Secure critical infrastructures.
43. Security Auditor – Conduct audits on an organization’s information systems.
44. Security Awareness Training Specialist – Train employees on cyber threats.
45. Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst – Coordinate and report on cyber incidents.
46. Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager – Oversee all SOC personnel.
47. Source Code Auditor – Analyze software code to find bugs, defects, and breaches.
48. Threat Hunter – Search networks to detect and isolate advanced threats.
49. Virus Technician – Detect and remediate computer viruses and malware.
50. Vulnerability Assessor – Find exploits in systems and applications.